Here’s the deal:
Although we call our participants “dancers,” AUDM is more than just dancing. Auburn University Dance Marathon is a yearlong fundraising effort that ends with a 14 hour non-stop party. Being a dancer is not volunteering yourself for the stage, but rather deciding you want to join over 1,400 other students across campus, in an effort to change the lives of the kids at our local CMN Hospital in Columbus, GA. We stand for the whole 14 hours in support of the kids fighting for their lives daily with the support of Children’s Miracle Network.
Register as an IndividualIf there isn’t a team created you would like to join or make yourself, no worries! When you register just seacrh for the “Individual” team and join. This will be a great opportunity to meet new people in this amazing movement and share more than just your passion of dance marathon! Click here to register now!
Register as a TeamDo you have a group of friends or organization you want to fundraise with and dance with at AUDM? Then create or join an existing team! By doing so, you can:
- ■ Spend the entire 14 hours with your best friends, or get to know a new group of people.
- ■ Organize group fundraisers to reach your team goal!
- ■ Have a reason to wear matching team t-shirts to show off your color spirit.
- ■ Compete all year to win Miracle Points and win the coveted Miracle Cup.
Want to know more?As an Auburn Student, here is what you can expect at AUDM 2018:
- ■ 3 DELICIOUS meals throughout the day, with snacks in between.
- ■ Life changing stories from the kids YOU are helping to save!
- ■ Intense games to channel your competitive energy.
- ■ THE LINE DANCE.
- ■ The 2018 AUDM event t-shirt to remember the best 14 hours of your life.
- ■ The awarding of the Miracle Cup!
Fundraising MinimumSo this year we will have our dancers expected to reach a $62 minimum to attend the main event for the entire 14 hours. We know that this may seem like a lot, but we promise you that it’s doable and, as always, it’s for the kids! The reason we chose 62 as the minimum this year is because every minute 62 children enter a Children’s Miracle Network Hospital. As you’re fundraising always remember why you chose to be a dancer this year and why you chose to help a cause that’s bigger than yourself.
Miracle PointsYour participation in our events throughout the year does not go unnoticed, and we want to thank you in advance for making this such a successful year! AUDM awards Miracle Points to dancers for their continuous involvement and support. The coveted prize of The Miracle Cup will be awarded to the team with the most Miracle Points at the end of AUDM and get the honor of keeping the Miracle Cup in the team’s possession.
How can I earn Miracle Points?
- Check in on the Concourse (2): Visit us when we are on the concourse and write your name, team name, and color team on the check in sheet or iPad
- Check in at Benefit Nights (5): Attend an AUDM benefit night at a local restaurant and check in with an AUDM staff member with a check in sheet or iPad
- How Do You Represent AUDM (5): Tag us in a photo showing you rocking our AUDM gear!
- Attend Miracle Meetings (15): Learn more about our cause and the kids!
- Miracle Maker Team Members (15): Your team will be rewarded for every dancer on your team that raises $100 or more before final reveal at AUDM 2016!
- Host Your Own Benefit Night (25): Email Maggie Beans (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject “Benefit Night” and details of your benefit night! We will pass the info along to our staff and our Dancers so they can attend too!
- Break Your Bracket (25): Each team was assigned a bracket at the beginning of the year based on the number of Dancers that you had registered for your team last year. If you are able to register more dancers on your team to the point that you are placed in another bracket, then you will receive 25 Miracle Points for each bracket that you break. For more information on the brackets, see ‘Brackets’ under FAQ.
- Design Your Own T-shirt (50): Show your team spirit by designing a t-shirt for your team to wear the day of! Keep in mind you will also receive a Dancer Shirt when you check in but you can wear your team shirt if you would like! Designing a t-shirt for your team is also a great way to fundraise!
- Team Banner at AUDM (50): Show your creativity by making a banner with your team’s name to display at AUDM 2018; please have these turned in by noon the day before AUDM 2018 (Friday, February 10th)
- Comma Club Team Members (75): Your team will be rewarded for every dancer on your team that raises $1,000 or more before final reveal at AUDM 2018!
Whether you raise $5 or $5000, AUDM wants to thank you for your support of the kids. However, we have some special awards for our Dancers and Teams who go above and beyond to make miracle For The Kids. The following awards will be given at the event:
- ■ Top Individual Male Fundraiser
- ■ Top Individual Female Fundraiser
- ■ Comma Club (for those who raise over $1000)
- ■ 2nd Year Dancer
- ■ 3rd Year Dancer
- ■ 4th Year Dancer
- ■ Top Fundraising Fraternity
- ■ Top Fundraising Sorority
- ■ Top Student Organization
- ■ Most Improved Returning Team
- ■ Largest New Team
- ■ Miracle Cup: □ Samford Cup □ Heisman Cup □ Nova Cup
- ■ FTK Fever Award (Awarded to the team that fundraises the most money at Main Event)